The PEP Reactive Linear Crossover circuit (1 of more than 50 circuits) was created to develop elite level Linear Crossovers as it ‘forces’ the skater to develop a low stride to crossover ratio. The top 25 NHL players crossover once every 4 strides, compared to once every 12-14 strides for the average third or fourth line NHLer (‘Crossovers Set Crosby and McDavid Apart’ - TSN article by Frank Seravalli).
This on-the-rush circuit is set up from the circle dot (inside the zone), down the ice to the top of the circle (in the other zone, Approx. 96-100 feet).
What is it that enables Connor to accelerate on the rush, accelerate out of the corners and the straight-a-ways, weaving in and out of high traffic without losing forward momentum?
Traditionally, isolated crossover drills offer zero resistance and require no multi-tasking skills. The PEP Reactive Linear Crossover Circuit develops GREATER PERFORMANCE and elite puck placement skills.
REACTIVE LINEAR CROSSOVERS ENABLE YOU TO DEVELOP MORE POWERFUL STRIDE AND SPEED
• CONNOR'S STRIDE TO CROSSOVER RATIO (1-2) IS THE TOP IN THE NHL, ALONG WITH HIS EXPLOSIVE CROSSOVER SPEED AND AGILITY.
• THE KEY TO ACQUIRING THIS SKILL IS LIKE ANY OTHER...REPETITIONS.
HERE'S WHAT MAKES IT SO EFFECTIVE:
• To cross over the 6 inch high PEP Gear, it requires explosive acceleration from the inside leg/outside edge extension and outside leg drive.
• While executing the crossover, the puck must advance through the open lane of the PEP Gear simultaneously.
• Immediately following - the puck is placed ahead in the direction of the next PEP Gear (4-10 feet away).
• With physics taking the players body weight laterally, the execution of the upper body/outside shoulder must activate in the direction of the next PEP Gear to KEEP FORWARD MOMENTUM.
• With the next PEP Gear fast approaching and very little time and space, the skater starts the process over again, preparing to crossover (approx 1-4 strides).
• Since he began his training with PEP, it is estimated that Connor has acquired approximately 500,000 Reactive Countering Reps.