The PEP Team took a brief break from professional player development this week to run the annual Power Edge Pro youth camp at Westwood Arena in Toronto, with 40 players participating in the 5 day camp. Attendees ranging from age 8 to 14 were on the ice for 2.5 hours per day, and enjoyed an incredible degree of instructor attention with a typical 2:1 player to certified instructor ratio. Each day also included off-ice strength and conditioning run by OHC, hockey lab sessions, and, of course, McDavid Dangler skill work.
Although the Power Edge Pro team hugely values the work done with its NHL partners, PEP’s origins are as a grassroots program given the PEP training system is most effective for players in their primary development window, which is typically ages 8-12. The PEP Toronto camp was largely composed of players in this age range who have made huge strides this week towards developing as elite hockey players and athletes.
A huge thank you to our certified instructors who made this camp such a success:
- Michael Farrugia, Mark McFadden, and Doug Hinan, Peterborough & Kawartha Lakes https://poweredgepro.com/pep_profile/peterborough/
- James Moore, North Bay https://poweredgepro.com/pep_profile/north-bay/
- David McLaughlin, Ajax https://poweredgepro.com/hockeytraining/ajax/
- James Brook, Grimsby https://poweredgepro.com/pep_profile/grimsby/
- TJ Cox, Kingston https://poweredgepro.com/pep_profile/kingston/
- Carlo Colaiacovo, Mannheim Eagles, NHL Alumnus
- Darcy Walsh
- Olegs Koreskovs, PEP Latvia
If you would like to explore opportunities for your team to use PEP at all of its in-season practices through our Youth Hockey Association Partnership, please fill out the following form for more information. PEP Youth Hockey Association Partnership .