LEVEL 2 CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR
PEP Clinics now available in Halifax!
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO CONTACT US AND REGISTER FOR OUR LATEST CAMPS AND DEVELOPMENT SESSIONS!REGISTER NOW
- Played eight seasons of professional hockey after being drafted, 3rd round, 76th overall in 1986 by the Minnesota North Stars.
- 5 year Major Junior career spanning five years, including two OHL All Star teams.
- Spent the next three seasons with the Adirondack Red Wings where he won a A Calder Cup Championship
- He then moved on to the International Hockey League to complete the final three years of his playing career
- In 1997-98 Tomlinson joined the Quad City Mallards of the United Hockey League as an Assistant Coach, and helped guide the club to a league championship.
- Became the first Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations for the Colorado Gold Kings of the West Coast Hockey League where he was named Coach of the Year.
- In Colorado, Tomlinson helped establish a minor hockey association, named after his team, the Jr. Gold Kings. Kirk oversaw the development of the league, coaches and players. It was also in Colorado where he ran a very successful hockey school for three years.
- Tomlinson’s next move was to Michigan, taking his winning ways to the Flint Generals of the United Hockey League.
- He then wound up his coaching career in Lubbock, Texas, for the CottonKings in the Central Hockey League.
- Presently, Kirk is the Technical Director for TASA. He has just stepped down from a 6 year coaching tenure with the Halifax Major midgets. He ended his time as bench boss with 3 provincial championships, many records set and a trip to the Telus Cup.
- Lead on ice for U8 Female STARS.
- Associate Coach at King’s Edgehill Prep School (2015-16), Hockey Nova Scotia Female High Performance, Instructor Bedford Core Skills, Izzy Germain Power Skating, Dalhousie University Women’s Hockey Team (2010-13).
- A resident of Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia, Scott’s coaching experience stretches back over 10 years.
- Scott has coached over 200 players ranging from 4 to 14 years.
- As a student of the game, he wants to instil knowledge and the love for the game within his players, thus empowering them to reach their full potential.
- On top of coaching and mentoring, Scott also has 8 years experience in program development and coordination at 4 different multi-sport complexes across Canada.